Light Weight / Regression Test
The team conducted some analysis of the shopping cart and ran the latest Automated Ai (AAi) technology over the page flows and found there was a problem with the removal of items from the cart.
This prompted changes to the website by disabling of a number of plugins and rewriting some underlying source code.
On rerunning the Automated Ai (AAi) tool, we found the page flows were resolved.
And here are the stats from the Light Weight Test Summary Report (LWTSR)
- Analysis: 1 hour to review Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Automated Ai Test Run time: 7 minutes and 12 seconds (according to our COO, Satej Mirpagar)
- Estimated manual test time: 84 minutes for 1 person (an incredible saving of 12x!)
- Pages: 52 pages analysed
- Links: 879 links assessed
- We also found 8 broken links.
We have now scheduled a daily run on the site.
Now... where's the IT guy to fix those broken links 🙂
Get to know your testing terminology
*Regression testing is a type of software testing that ensures that previously developed and tested software still performs the same way after it is changed or interfaced with other software. Changes may include software enhancements, patches, configuration changes, etc.